Weekend Translation Project Manager (London)
Due to a growing client base, we are looking to augment our Project Delivery teams and are seeking an enthusiastic Project Manager (or Project Coordinator, depending on experience) to support project delivery over the weekend period (Thursday to Monday, or similar, schedule).
The position requires proven project management skills, the ability to adapt to change, to coordinate linguists to drive tasks to successful completion, and to manage client relationships.
An extensive on the job training programme will be offered with several months first working with the full team (Monday to Friday) before moving to the Thursday to Monday schedule.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced and up and coming leader who is smart, organised, self-motivated and is willing to learn and grow within the team.
Typical responsibilities will include:
- Project manage language projects independently
- Use principles, methods and GlobaLexicon tools to effectively manage the projects from initiation through to delivery – with minimal supervision
- Work effectively with the team to hand off and take on ongoing projects
- Proactively lead the identification of any potential issues and resolve and close identified gaps and realign client expectations
- Source and develop relationships with translators and proofers
- Determine resource requirements (e.g. linguists, budget, timing) and optimal cost structure based on language project objectives and operational needs – with minimal supervision
- Ensure project resources maintain a high level of quality and professional and ethical standards
- Actively support and comply with ISO 9001 related procedures
- Communicate effectively (verbal and written)
- Translate, proof, format and QA documentation as required
- Weekend availability of 09:00 – 17:30 on Saturday and Sunday in addition to 3 days during the week working with the rest of the Project Management team
Skills and Experience:
- BA/BS degree in linguistics or business
- Language skills: Fluent English and native in one other language OR native speaker of English and fluent in one other language.
- Project management experience (1 year minimum) with ability to apply project management principles & best practices to our business (scope, schedule and risk management)
- Flexibility to rapidly adapt and respond to business and client driven changes
- Knowledge (Intermediate +/expert) of use of CAT tools
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong attention to detail and sense of accountability
- Client management skills – with minimal support
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong skills in MS Office Applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
This position is for the London office.