Due to rapid growth, primarily gained through client referrals and a reputation for excellence, we are looking to augment our Translation Project Delivery teams and are seeking strong and experienced Translation Project Managers (at various levels) to manage project delivery and relationship building for a series of GlobaLexicon Market Research, Healthcare/Pharma, and Consumer Goods client accounts.
The position is based in London though candidates for our other European locations will also be considered.
These roles are end to end roles in that they combine both client account/relationship management and project management, creating a more challenging and rewarding career path.
They require, based on level, proven project management skills, ability to adapt to a rapidly changing & growing business, experience in managing or mentoring others, driving workload to successful completion, and managing & growing client relationships.
This is a great opportunity for an upcoming leader who is smart, organised, self-motivated and enthusiastic to work with the team to continue to grow the business.
Typical responsibilities will include:
- Project manage language service projects independently & lead relationship management and service delivery for GlobaLexicon clients
- Use principles, methods and GlobaLexicon tools to effectively manage/coordinate the projects under their accountability from initiation through to delivery and support team members in managing their projects
- Determine resource requirements (e.g. linguist, budget, timing) and optimal cost structure based on language project objectives and operational needs
- Ensure project resources maintain a high level of quality and professional and ethical standards
- Proactively lead the identification of any potential issues and resolve and close identified gaps
- Lead/participate in team meetings and training sessions as required
- Mentor Project Coordinators and Interns (based on role)
- Communicate effectively (verbal and written)
- Participate in business development efforts and client meetings
Skills and Experience:
- BA degree in linguistics, social or applied science, or other related field and keen interest/background in languages. MA preferred
- Language skills: Fluent English and native in one other language (German, French, Japanese preferred). Fluent/advanced in third language advantageous
- Project management experience (2 years for PM)
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing and growing business
- Ability to act on direction and rapidly implement
- Experience working in translation agency or department within an agency preferred
- Experience working in a market research agency (within the operations department or liaising closely with it) or medical/pharma environment desirable
- Experience in sectors such as market research, healthcare/pharma, consumer, transcreation/marketing, and technical fields
- Proven knowledge (Advanced) of CAT tools - ability to train others
- Ability to multi-task
- Client relationship building & management skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Very Strong skills in MS Office Applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) preferred
For this position we will consider applicants for all of our offices. Please indicate your preference.