Due to a growing client base, primarily gained through client referrals and a reputation for excellence, we are seeking a strong and experienced Senior Translation Project Manager to manage and lead project delivery and relationship building for a series of GlobaLexicon Market Research, Healthcare/Pharma, and Consumer Goods client accounts.
The position is based in London though candidates for our Seville and Chicago offices will also be considered.
The role is end to end in that it combines both client account/relationship management leadership and project management leadership, creating a more challenging and rewarding career path.
It requires proven leadership & project management skills, ability to adapt to a rapidly changing & growing business, experience in managing project managers & coordinators, driving workload to successful completion, and managing & growing client relationships.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced leader who is smart, organised, self-motivated and enthusiastic to work with the global and local team to continue to grow the business.
Typical responsibilities will include:
- Lead project managers and project coordinators in the delivery of client language service projects
- Project manage large translation & language service projects independently & lead relationship management and service delivery for a group of GlobaLexicon clients (primarily in the Market Research, Healthcare/Pharma and Consumer sectors but also others).
- Use principles, methods and GlobaLexicon tools to effectively manage the projects under their accountability from initiation through to delivery and support team members in managing their projects
- Determine resource requirements (e.g. linguist, budget, timing) and optimal cost structure based on language project objectives and operational needs
- Ensure project resources maintain a high level of quality and professional and ethical standards
- Proactively lead the identification of any potential issues and resolve and close identified gaps
- Lead team meetings and training sessions
- Mentor PMs and Project Coordinators
- Communicate effectively (verbal and written)
- Actively participate in and/or lead business development efforts and client meetings and other parts of the business as per passion and skills
Skills and Experience:
- BA degree in linguistics. MA preferred
- Language skills: Fluent English and native in one other language (eg. German, Japanese, Spanish, Dutch, or others). Fluent/advanced in third language advantageous
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing and growing business
- Project management experience (4 year minimum) with ability to:
- Apply project management principles & best practices to our business. (scope, schedule and risk management, changes to scope)
- Be flexible and rapidly adapt and respond to business and client-driven changes
- Experience working with market research and healthcare/pharma client preferred
- Proven knowledge (Advanced) of CAT tools - ability to train others
- Strong written and oral communication skills including presentation/meeting facilitation
- Ability to lead teams (Project Managers, Coordinators and Interns)
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong attention to detail
- Client relationship building & management skills
- Ability to take initiative in resolving queries/issues
- Responsibility and accountability in client-facing situations
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Very strong skills in MS Office Applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
GlobaLexicon are recruiting primarily for our London office for this role will also consider candidates for Seville and Chicago.