Due to a growing client base, primarily gained through client referrals and a reputation for excellence, we are seeking a strong and experienced Senior Translation Project Manager (or Team Lead) to manage and lead project delivery and relationship building for a series of GlobaLexicon Market Research, Healthcare/Pharma, and Consumer Goods client accounts.
The position is available in our London, Seville and Chicago offices.
The role is end to end in that it combines both client account/relationship management leadership and project management leadership, creating a more challenging and rewarding career path.
It requires proven leadership & project management skills, ability to adapt to a rapidly changing & growing business, experience in managing project managers & coordinators, driving workload to successful completion, and managing & growing client relationships.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced leader who is smart, organised, self-motivated and enthusiastic to work with the global and local team to continue to grow the business.
Typical responsibilities will include:
- Lead project managers and project coordinators in the delivery of client language service projects
- Project manage large translation & language service projects independently & lead relationship management and service delivery for a group of GlobaLexicon clients (primarily in the Market Research, Healthcare/Pharma and Consumer sectors but also others).
- Use principles, methods and GlobaLexicon tools to effectively manage the projects under their accountability from initiation through to delivery and support team members in managing their projects
- Determine resource requirements (e.g. linguist, budget, timing) and optimal cost structure based on language project objectives and operational needs
- Ensure project resources maintain a high level of quality and professional and ethical standards
- Proactively lead the identification of any potential issues and resolve and close identified gaps
- Lead team meetings and training sessions
- Mentor PMs and Project Coordinators
- Communicate effectively (verbal and written)
- Actively participate in and/or lead business development efforts and client meetings and other parts of the business as per passion and skills
Skills and Experience:
- BA degree in linguistics. MA preferred
- Language skills: Fluent English and native in one other language (eg. German, Japanese, Spanish, Dutch, or others). Fluent/advanced in third language advantageous
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing and growing business
- Project management experience (4 year minimum) with ability to:
- Apply project management principles & best practices to our business. (scope, schedule and risk management, changes to scope)
- Be flexible and rapidly adapt and respond to business and client-driven changes
- Experience working with market research and healthcare/pharma client preferred
- Proven knowledge (Advanced) of CAT tools - ability to train others
- Strong written and oral communication skills including presentation/meeting facilitation
- Ability to lead teams (Project Managers, Coordinators and Interns)
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong attention to detail
- Client relationship building & management skills
- Ability to take initiative in resolving queries/issues
- Responsibility and accountability in client-facing situations
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Very strong skills in MS Office Applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
GlobaLexicon are recruiting for our London, Seville and Chicago offices.