GlobaLexicon Graduate Work Placement Programme (INTERNSHIP)
Role: Vendor Management Intern
Location: Central London, Camden Town
We are pleased to offer a work placement experience that university students and graduates will find to be extremely useful and fulfilling. This is a great opportunity to gain beneficial experiences from a professional environment in the translation industry.
GlobaLexicon Ltd. can offer placements to students living in the UK with an interest in Vendor Management (VM) i.e. recruitment of freelance linguists. Candidates are offered full training and placement with the company for a minimum of four months. The candidates will usually be expected to work full-time five days a week.
Why does GlobaLexicon offer a placement programme?
- Training for future work in Vendor Management/Recruitment of freelance linguists.
- To provide an insight into how language service companies operate.
- Two way learning – because we learn a lot from our placements too!
- To improve the training and employability of graduates and postgraduates.
- To strengthen links between GlobaLexicon and graduate/postgraduate programmes.
What are the aims of the placement programme?
- To introduce candidates to a real-life language services company environment.
- To allow interns to participate in projects and activities appropriate to their competences, building on and extending their HR and VM related skills.
- To apply their skills in a work environment, under pressure and to deadlines – both independently and as part of a team.
What is the duration of the placement?
A minimum of four months, on a full-time basis. Please note that because we offer extensive training, we cannot offer part-time placements or placements of less than four months.
What’s in it for students?
- Mentoring/training ‐ assigned mentor and regular meetings, alongside an extensive training programme.
- An excellent first step in your career. Placements improve your job prospects and offer the opportunity to apply your new knowledge and skills in a commercial environment.
- Build experience in business practices, handling vendors, dealing with problems, negotiating rates, managing budgets, etc.
We provide a daily allowance of £10 (for each day worked in the office) to contribute towards lunch and travel costs; otherwise the placement is unpaid.
Range of work experience you will receive
- Recruitment: Participate in the freelance recruitment cycle, from reviewing incoming applications to testing and conducting reference checks.
- Rate negotiation: Negotiate best rates with suitable vendors to maximise our project margins.
- Internal clients: Work closely with Project Management, Operations and Business Development teams to support sourcing needs.
- Performance monitoring: Monitor performance of our resources and provide feedback where required.
- Reporting: Provide timely reports to senior management (progress with recruitment goals, capacity etc.).
- Admin tasks: Maintain records and update database with accurate information in a timely manner.
In summary, we are looking for someone to support the team in recruiting translators and interpreters in order to expand our talent pool!
What we expect from candidates
- To conduct themselves professionally with staff and vendors
- To complete work to a satisfactory standard and to the best of their ability
- To maintain a good standard of dress and appearance
- To arrive punctually for work and meetings
- To act within the terms and conditions of our contract