Translation Project Manager
Due to a growing client base, we are looking to augment our Project Delivery teams and are seeking a strong and experienced Project Manager (or a Project Coordinator with a solid base) to manage project delivery for a series of GlobaLexicon client accounts. Fluent German is preferred.
The position requires proven project management skills, ability to adapt to a rapidly changing and growing business, experience in managing project coordinators, driving workload to successful completion, and managing and growing client relationships.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced and up coming leader who is smart, organised, self-motivated and enthusiastic to work with the team to continue to grow the business.
Typical responsibilities will include:
- Project manage language service projects independently & lead relationship management and service delivery for GlobaLexicon clients
- Use principles, methods and GlobaLexicon tools to effectively manage/coordinate the projects under their accountability from initiation through to delivery and support team members in managing their projects
- Determine resource requirements (e.g. linguist, budget, timing) and optimal cost structure based on language project objectives and operational needs
- Ensure project resources maintain a high level of quality and professional and ethical standards
- Proactively lead the identification of any potential issues and resolve and close identified gaps
- Lead/participate in team meetings and training sessions as required
- Mentor Project Coordinators and Interns (based on role)
- Communicate effectively (verbal and written)
- Participate in business development efforts and client meetings
Skills and Experience:
- BA degree in linguistics. MA preferred
- Language skills: Fluent English and native in one other language (German, French, Japanese) Fluent/advanced in third language advantageous
- Project management experience (2 years for PM)
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing and growing business
- Ability to act on direction and rapidly implement
- Experience working in translation agency or department within an agency preferred
- Experience working in a market research agency (within the operations department or liaising closely with it) or medical/pharma environment desirable
- Proven knowledge (Advanced) of CAT tools - ability to train others
- Ability to multi-task
- Client relationship building & management skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Very Strong skills in MS Office Applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) preferred
For this position we will consider applicants for all of our offices.